I also enjoyed the fact that I was in Corvallis and I was able to catch up with a few friends that I hadn’t seen in a few years. It was so much fun to reconnect with them. That is one advantage of my job is that I can travel around and see my friends that live in different areas of the state. Also since we relocated to Brooks I got to see my Randy, Leisha, and Molly! I got to spend Thursday night spending time with them which is always fun! I got to see adorable molly who for some reason ever since she was a puppy has loved my hair I don’t know if it’s the blonde color or what but the first thing she does when she sees me is attack my head and hair. It also might be the squeaking and screaming noises I make while she is attacking my hair. It was another fun week on the road. Moving mid week made for a crazy week but it is good that we did because we were able to help out more kids then we would have if we would have stayed in Corvallis. Here is a link to the Tooth Taxi web site so you can see it, read more details about it, and even see the schedule if you want to know where we are going the next few months.
Some quotes from the road over the past few weeks:
- Teacher who came to visit said: “This is a Privilege!”
- Patient exclaimed: “This is the nicest RV I’ve ever seen!”
- Gym teacher came to visit the Tooth Taxi as a student showed him his tooth that had
- been pulled. The student told the gym teacher how great the laughing gas was.
- James about to do his classroom presentation on oral hygiene had a student ask “if he was going to tell them how to get big muscles.”
- 2nd grader during screening: “All the teeth that are blank are lost, I’m growing them in.”
- Patient: “I can’t believe you turned my teeth into silver, that’s awesome!”
- Patient: “Am I going to get another cap?” Dr. Heringer: “I think so.” Patient: “Oh cool! Can I have a gold one this time?”
Next week is Cottage Grove!